Becoming an early childhood educator is a great place to start your early childhood career.
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
With a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, you can provide education and care to children in a range of services.
If you are working in an approved early childhood service, you will need to be actively working towards an approved Certificate III qualification.
As a Certificate III qualified educator, you will:
- provide children with education and care
- help plan and develop educational programs
- work alongside other educators and early childhood teachers
- work closely with family and community.
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
A Diploma provides you with the knowledge you need to implement and manage education and care programs, and supervise staff and volunteers. You will also gain entry-level management knowledge and skills that let you oversee the operation of early childhood education and care service.
As a Diploma qualified educator, you will:
- support children's learning and development
- design, plan, implement and evaluate educational programs
- support the health, learning and development of children and their families
- work with community and external agencies
- provide leadership and support to other staff
- manage a variety of early childhood services
- ensure compliance with policies and legislation.
Want to progress your career?
You could become an early childhood teacher with a nationally recognised qualification that lets you lead and deliver educational programs to children in a range of services, including
long day care and
Where you can work
Qualities of great early childhood educators
Need something explained further? Please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.