Becoming an early childhood educator is a great place to start your early childhood career.
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
With a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, you can provide education and care to children in a range of services.
If you are working in an approved early childhood service, you will need to be actively working towards an approved Certificate III qualification.
Certificate III qualified educator, you will:
- provide children with education and care
- help plan and develop educational programs
- work alongside other educators and early childhood teachers
- work closely with family and community.
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
A Diploma provides you with the knowledge you need to implement and manage education and care programs, and supervise staff and volunteers. You will also gain entry-level management knowledge and skills that let you oversee the operation of early childhood education and care service.
Diploma qualified educator, you will:
- support children's learning and development
- design, plan, implement and evaluate educational programs
- support the health, learning and development of children and their families
- work with community and external agencies
- provide leadership and support to other staff
- manage a variety of early childhood services.
- ensure compliance with policies and legislation.
Want to progress your career?
You could become an
early childhood teacher with a nationally recognised qualification that lets you lead and deliver educational programs to children in a range of services, including kindergarten, long day care and primary school.
Learn more about: Roles and qualifications.