The explicit characteristic is about making conscious for both learner and educator the relationships between the learning purpose and processes employed and the skills and understandings these processes support.
- plan for and understand the curriculum intent that underpins each learning experience
- clearly articulate the curriculum intent that underpins each learning experience for the children
- respond to children by clearly linking curriculum intent to child initiated/negotiated learning experiences
- provide feedback to children to connect them with the strengths of their current learning and then co-construct future learning goals.
- have a clear understanding about the curriculum intent of each learning experience
- understand that child-initiated/negotiated learning experiences have a clear learning purpose
- receive feedback about their learning connecting them with their strengths
- have clear learning goals.
"In sum, supportive relationships and learning-related skills that include social, emotional, cognitive and physical skills assist children to adjust to the behavioural and academic demands they encounter at school."
Professional learning materials
Access professional learning materials related to the characteristics of age-appropriate pedagogies including posters and postcards.