With support from their relevant Kindy uplift advisor, the service may seek to undertake planned and structured visits with other ECEC services considered as leaders in a particular area of teaching and learning that aligns with the service’s identified Kindy uplift priorities.
Clearly established and agreed goals and processes must underpin the visit. The emphasis should be on observing practice and professional conversation related to the practice steps undertaken.
Visits should include a post visit action plan and opportunity for educators to reconnect and discuss actions taken, successes, challenges and next steps.
- Oral language and communication
- Social and emotional capability
- Thinking and responding
- Access and inclusion
Alignment to Queensland kindergarten learning guideline
Learning and development areas
Work should align directly with specific learning and development areas and practice-based supports should highlight connections with intentional teaching practices, planning and reflecting.
- High expectations, equity and respect for diversity
- Collaborative partnerships
- Effective pedagogies
- Reflective practice and professional decision-making
Face-to-Face with online follow-up.
Costs to be negotiated and may involve provision of backfill at the host service.
Prerequisites: Identified services should:
- be an approved service delivering an approved kindergarten program with a rating of at least Meeting the National Quality Standard
- have a demonstrated record of success as a leader in the identified area of support
- demonstrate a willingness to support other educators
- have staff with the skills and capability to clearly articulate their practice, identify the steps taken to achieve their current level of success.
Considerations: This item cannot be used to support regulatory assessment and rating.
The purpose of this approach is to enhance the capability of educators and strengthen the learning program to respond to the needs of children across the kindergarten cohort.
Backfill: Services should consider the cost of providing backfill at both their service and the host service if required.
Contacts: Services can use their Kindy uplift advisor to source an appropriate host service. Services negotiate scheduling and other details directly with the host service.