Services may choose to access existing online professional learning materials from employee groups, early childhood specialists or government agencies that directly support their Kindy uplift priority area/s.
The intention of this option is to build capability of staff and to generate practice-based conversations, plans and actions to respond to children’s identified needs.
- Oral language and communication
- Social and emotional capability
- Thinking and responding
- Access and inclusion
Alignment to Queensland kindergarten learning guideline
Learning and development areas
Work should align directly with specific learning and development areas and practice-based supports should highlight connections with intentional teaching practices, planning and reflecting.
- High expectations, equity and respect for diversity
- Collaborative partnerships
- Effective pedagogies
- Reflective practice and professional decision-making
Online material facilitated in-situ face-to-face and group training and professional exchange.
Any costs associated with accessing the online materials and cost of backfill to release staff (including for no-cost online professional learning) is acknowledged as vital to the success of this option.
Prerequisites: The material accessed should:
- be from a recognised provider of early childhood education or be evidence-based material developed specifically for the ECEC sector
- provide scope for the educational leader to facilitate professional conversation leading to skill development and planning
- include guidance/facilitator notes.
Considerations: This item cannot be used to:
- replace employer prescribed or mandated training
- provide tutorial support for educators undertaking mandatory training.
The purpose of this approach is to build collective understanding of a topic, explore the implications for practice and build shared language and strategies for responding to children’s identified need.
Backfill: Services should consider the cost of providing backfill if required to allow educators to participate in collaborative professional learning sessions.
Contacts: Services can use local networks to identify relevant online materials.