Consultants operating with a focus on education, educator professional development and/or quality improvement practices.
The work undertaken by consultants must relate to the service’s identified Kindy uplift priorities and target enhancement of educator skills, knowledge and confidence to recognise, understand and proactively respond to children’s needs within the operations of the kindergarten program.
Consultancies should include scope for coaching or mentoring and/or follow up with educators.
- Oral language and communication
- Social and emotional capability
- Thinking and responding
- Access and inclusion
Alignment to Queensland kindergarten learning guideline
Learning and development areas
Work should align directly with specific learning and development areas and practice-based supports should highlight connections with intentional teaching practices.
- High expectations, equity and respect for diversity
- Effective pedagogies
- Reflective practice and professional decision-making
Face-to-face, online, consultancy, group training, professional services
Costs vary according to providers and level and type of support provided.
Prerequisites: Consultants should:
- be qualified teachers (preferably with ECEC experience)
- work collaboratively with educators
- demonstrate deep/working knowledge, understanding and application of Queensland kindergarten learning guideline (QLKG)
- demonstrate the ability to support educators to apply best practice/evidence-based teaching and learning.
Considerations: This item cannot be used to supplement educator planning/documentation, service governance practices, human resource or financial management.
The purpose of this approach is to enhance the capability of educators and strengthen the learning program to respond to the needs of children across the kindergarten cohort.
Backfill: Services should consider the cost of providing backfill if required to allow educators to undertake coaching and training.
Contacts: Services can use local networks to source appropriate providers. Services negotiate scheduling and other details directly with the consultant.