The Department of Education is offering a Plan Your Future Workforce Grant funding round in 2021.
The purpose of the Plan Your Future Workforce Grant is to provide eligible approved ECEC services with funding to support them to implement an effective workforce plan that will assist the service to prepare to attract and retain a qualified and skilled workforce.
The grant will enable services to implement strategies to support the service to:
- meet the early childhood teacher qualification requirements as specified in the Education and Care Services National Regulations 130 to 134 (Requirement for an early childhood teacher in centre-based services)
- meet the general educator qualification as specified in the Education and Care Services National Regulations 126 (Centre-based services—general educator qualifications)
- foster career progression
- support qualification pathways
- build staff capability to promote retention.
Eligible services may apply for a non-recurrent grant of up to $30,000 (GST exclusive) per service. This funding will assist services to implement their workforce plan until 30 June 2022.
The grant funding round will open on 12 February 2021 and close on 12 March 2021.
Applicants must attend 1 of 3 information sessions (via teleconference) to apply for the grant. Sessions will be held at the following times:
- Friday 19 February 2021 at 2pm
- Monday 22 February 2021 at 11am
- Friday 26 February 2021 at 10am
An additional and final information session has been scheduled for:
- Friday 5 March 2021 at 12pm
register for these sessions.
Applicants must complete the associated web-survey and lodge applications via the department’s online grants management system, QGrants, before 5pm, 12 March 2021.
workforce plan template and associated
guide is available for use.