The National Regulations require each service to prepare and maintain a Quality Improvement Plan that:
- assesses the quality of the service's practices against the National Quality Standard (NQS) and the National Regulations
- identifies areas for improvement
- contains a statement of the service's philosophy
- is kept at the service premises (the principle office for family day care services)
- is available to parents and the department, as the regulatory authority
- is submitted to the department on request.
Services must update their Quality Improvement Plan at least once a year or when directed by the department. The Quality Improvement Plan is an important part of the Improvement Planning step within the
assessment and rating process. Services are recommended to review and update their Quality Improvement Plan after each assessment and rating by the regulatory authority, to reflect the outcome of this process.
Learn more about
sleep resources including a video on quality sleep, rest and relaxation practices for children aged birth to 3 years in ECEC and includes practical ideas when developing a Quality Improvement Plan.
Quality Improvement Plans – Go to the ACECQA website to learn more about Quality Improvement Plans and access guides and templates to assist with your plan.
Stay up to date
Services regulated under the NQF can subscribe to the
National Quality Framework e-bulletin – keep updated on the latest changes and updates to the National Quality Framework.