Under section 172 of the National Law and section 173 of the National Regulations, services must display the following so it is clearly visible to anyone from the main entrance of the education and care service premises:
- provider approval and service approval
- contact details for the regulatory authority
- rating information:
- services that have not been assessed and rated against the National Quality Standard (NQS) must display:
- a notice that states 'Provisional - not yet assessed under the National Quality Framework', until the service receives its first NQF rating. Download a not yet assessed notice template (DOC, 61KB)
- the service's National Child Care Accreditation Council (NCAC) accreditation if the service was accredited by NCAC before the introduction of the NQF on 1 January 2012.
- services that have been assessed and rated against the NQS must display their notice of rating.
- the name and telephone number of the person to whom complaints may be addressed
- the name and position of the responsible person in charge of the service at any given time
- the name of their nominated supervisor/s
- their hours and days of operation
- if applicable, a notice stating that an enrolled child (not to be identified) has been diagnosed as at risk of anaphylaxis
- if applicable, a notice of an occurrence of an infectious disease
- an emergency and evacuation floor plan and instructions
- information about the educational program
- a weekly menu – if food and beverages other than water are provided.
Note that use of display folders for the prescribed information does not meet the requirements of section 172.
Assessment and ratings
Access templates, forms and resources on assessment and rating