During this busy school enrolment period, it is essential that school principals and approved providers communicate clearly with parents about place availability and waitlists for outside school hours care (OSHC).
All new and existing families in the school community should be notified that their child’s enrolment does not guarantee them a place at the on-site OSHC service.
It is also important parents know:
- who the approved provider of the OSHC service is
- what the OSHC enrolment process is and key dates
- how many places there are for before and after-school care, and vacation care
- what the service’s waitlist policy is
- how access for children will be prioritised if there is a waiting list.
One way of sharing this information is for approved providers to use the
attached sample content on their websites.
The sample content addresses key areas of focus for parents/guardians identified by the department and can be personalised to meet each service’s needs. The department is also making the content available to schools. This will help ensure parents receive consistent information when they’re planning for their child’s before and after-school care needs.
Enhanced communication with parents is consistent with meeting
element 6.1.3 of the National Quality Standard which focuses on current information being available to families about a service.
Inquiries can be directed to your local