Has your governing body or committee had a change in its membership?
For example, in the case of associations which are incorporated, unincorporated, or parents and citizens (P&Cs) this could be a new or retiring member of the executive or management committee.
This might be the president, treasurer, secretary or vice-president.
One or more of these people may have management or control of the service so when they leave or are replaced, the approved provider must notify the Regulatory Authority (the department) within:
7 days of any change that affects the approved provider’s fitness and propriety
- 14 days of any change that affects a service the approved provider operates.
There is one way to notify the department — by lodging a Notification of change to information about Approved Provider form (PA08) via the National Quality Agenda IT System (NQA ITS).
Hot tip 1: Submit 1 form when advising of a person with management or control’s removal or appointment.
Don’t forget to attach the following documentation for each new appointment:
- a completed and signed PA02—Declaration of fitness and propriety form (PDF, 331KB)
- proof the person is at least aged 18 (e.g. a photocopy of a current driver's licence, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of age card)
- a photocopy of a current Positive Notice Blue Card for Child Related Employment (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services or—for teachers or police officers—a photocopy of the exemption notice. If the person does not hold either, evidence of an application to Blue Card Services.
The approved provider must also provide evidence to support the appointment of a new person with management or control.
Evidence of current officeholders could include:
- a company report from the Australian Securities and Investments Commission which shows the current directors and secretary (applies to companies)
- a copy of annual general meeting minutes that reflects the current office bearers (applies to associations).
Hot tip 2: No need to submit another form for continuing committee members.
Their information is valid until they resign or the approved provider’s fitness and propriety changes (e.g. a committee member’s blue card is cancelled).
Hot tip 3: For help with this and other NQA ITS processes, read the Getting Started Online guidance or a more comprehensive User Guide on the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority website.
Read more about notification of changes to approved provider including the required timeframes.
Help and support
If you have questions about notification of change to information requirements, please email email@example.com.