A career in early childhood has a wide range of opportunities to advance to
leadership, management and support roles. You can start as a certificate III level educator or trainee and work your way up within the sector or join the sector as a qualified early childhood teacher or service director.
Early childhood qualifications open up other job possibilities where you may or may not work directly with children. You could use your qualification to:
- work in a school, teaching children in their early years (Prep to Year 2)
- work in a kindergarten program in a state school in rural and remote Queensland teaching children in the year before Prep (note that working in the schooling sector requires teacher registration)
- provide specialised education and inclusion support to early childhood services
- work in government to
- regulate and monitor early childhood services
- develop and implement early childhood policy
- educate and train others in early childhood at a registered training organisation or university.