The following services can access the program:
- sessional kindergarten services
- long day care services with an approved kindergarten program (for children enrolled in kindergarten program)
- State Delivered Kindergartens.
The program will:
- increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of educators to create an inclusive learning environment for children with additional needs and maximise their engagement in learning during their kindergarten year
- deliver practical support and information to educators about appropriate educational adjustments, expectations and experiences for children with additional needs
- provide current information and research about children with additional needs and translate this into best practice advice and support for educators.
Eligible services can access the following support.
- Workshops and webinars
- A physical and virtual library with a suite of resources
- Supporting families who are connected with the organisation to consider enrolling their children in an approved kindergarten program.
- Individual educator support via phone calls, emails, online and face-to-face meetings
- Service visits working with individual teachers, educators and all kindergarten staff
- Leadership in the development of networks/communities of practice for sharing knowledge and mutual support amongst early years staff.
Organisations and contacts
These 4 specialist organisations will provide advice and support to build educator capability and enhance the access, inclusion and outcomes of kindergarten children with additional needs.
- Autism Queensland Limited
- Down Syndrome Queensland
- Hear and Say Limited
- Speld Qld Inc.
Autism Queensland (AQ) is the state’s peak autism body, delivering specialised and evidence-informed education, therapy and support services across Queensland. A dedicated team including qualified early childhood teachers and therapists will deliver the service.
Phone: (07) 3540 8610
Down Syndrome Queensland
Down Syndrome Queensland provides practical and emotional support to people with Down syndrome and their families. The team provides expert support to educators to enable children living with Down syndrome to maximise their learning outcomes and fulfil their potential, now and into the future.
Phone: 1300 881 935
Hear and Say
Hear and Say is Queensland’s leading provider of paediatric audiology and specialist speech pathology services (listening and spoken language).
- specialises in supporting families whose child has been diagnosed with a permanent hearing loss
- works with families so that their children can become great communicators and confident within themselves through each stage of learning and development, and as they transition to school
- takes a collaborative, evidence-based approach to services, with 3 decades of experience in the training and education for professionals, including teachers, educators and other early years staff.
Phone: (07) 3850 2111
Speld Qld is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to support people experiencing learning difficulties. The team consists of psychologists, education advisors, Sounds Write trainers, a Speech Pathologist, librarian and support staff.