TIS employs interpreters who speak more than 170 languages and dialects.
Interpreters can help services to:
- advise parents on enrolment
- conduct parent-teacher interviews
- advise parents on programs and activities
- discuss educational assessment with parents
- advise parents on kindergarten to school transition.
Accessing the TIS
Kindergarten services will need to contact their central governing body for more information on requesting or booking an on-site or telephone interpreter.
Long day care services should contact Inclusion Support Queensland on 1800 811 039 for translating and interpreting support options.